Silicon Labs Whitepaper

"Smart lighting is emerging rapidly. In addition to energy savings, it has the potential to act as enabling infrastructure for IoT."

Gartner Market Guide to Smart Lighting, 2016

Network Effects - Found in NO other Smart Lighting System


As a Hardware manufacturer, the Network Effect is not something you normally get to experience. The Network Effect is a phenomenon whereby increased numbers of users raises the value of a good or service. The internet is a good example. So is Facebook. The Lexi Marketplace provides Network Effects because Network Effects are built into the very definition of a marketplace.

Lexi hasnt created just any type of Marketplace though, its created what is known as a Platform Marketplace, the most powerful form of marketplace. This type of network effect creates a lot stronger lock-in because the services offered are intrinsically linked to the platform.

As a Lexi Enabled Manufacturer, you, for the first time, now get to benefit from Network Effects.

The Lexi Marketplace-"The APP Store for Lighting"

The Lexi Marketplace enables professional Light Artists to sell any of the four Light Configurations (Light Configs)-Scenes, Patterns, Light Shows & Designs to the Lexi user base. In turn, Lexi users can shop for Light Configs utilizing a wide variety of parameters to find what is right for them. Think of the Marketplace as the "APP Store for Lighting".

//lexidevices.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/APP-Store-for-Lighting.png

Embedded Virality - Another Smart Lighting First


By Embedded Virality we mean viral mechanisms that are built into the Lexi Platform to foster and accelerate rapid adoption of Lexi Mobile Apps. This larger user base of Lexi Mobile App users in turn fuels an ever growing appetite for Lexi Enabled Lights. And the inverse is also true-the ever growing catalogue of Lexi Enabled Lights drives increased uptake of the Lexi Mobile Apps.

So what is this powerful viral mechanism built into Lexi? Social Sharing.

In the US today, 75% of all Smart Home devices are installed by a third party. Why? Because the average US consumer is either unsure of or incapable of configuring their own Smart devices.

Smart Lighting is unique among Smart Home devices. Unlike a video doorbell or thermostat, where a home needs only one, the average US house has 85 lights. Now lights are much easier to install-I just plug them in. But to get the real benefit of them-all 85, requires skill, work and time. So there is no need to have a third party install my lights, but for most people to truly maximize their benefit, they need help configuring them.

Social Sharing

Our Social Sharing functionality solves the configuration issue by enabling Lexi users to share their Light Configs. Social Sharing leverages the 80/20 rule-20% of the users will do the work of setting up their lighting systems to a good extent. The 80% can then leverage the work of the other 20%.

//lexidevices.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Social-Sharing.png